How to File a Complaint


If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a Sheriff's Office appointee or about any aspect of Sheriff's Office operations, please:

1. Come to the Sheriff's Office and tell any appointee that you want to make a complaint; or

2. Call the Sheriff's Office and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or

3. Write your complaint and mail it to the Sheriff.

A supervisory appointee will assist you in filling out a report of complaint against Sheriff's Office personnel form. This form asks you to identify yourself and then give specific details about your complaint.

Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.

If it is going to take a long time to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.

When your complaint has been investigated, the Sheriff/Major will review the Investigation and will write you a letter explaining what has been found out about the matter.


  Contact Information

  Phil Baker, Major
  (540)743-1252 (fax)