The following instructions are being provided to you in order to make the committal and booking process on the day you report to the Page County Jail more simple, smoother, and more expeditious. By following these guidelines you are also playing a vital role in making this procedure less confusing.
The date and time you are to report to the jail has been assigned by the sentencing court. DO NOT BE LATE! Tardiness will be reported to the court and we (The Jail) may deny any good time you may be eligible for. This will result in a longer incarceration for you.
PERSONAL ITEMS, PROPERTY, MONEY, and CLOTHING
Delayed Confinement Reporting Instructions
You may have the following:
- One (1) wedding ring (must be of modest size and have no decorative stones).
- One (1) necklace of religious nature (must be of modest size and have no decorative stones).
- You will be allowed to keep white or grey undergarments (t-shirts, socks, and underwear) that you are wearing at the time you report to jail. All other undergarments have to be purchased from the jail canteen.
- You will be allowed to keep white or grey cotton sweat pants and white or grey cotton sweat shorts that you are wearing at the time you report to jail. All other outer garments have to be purchased from the jail canteen. You will not be allowed to keep anything on your person other than the previously listed items! Therefore, please do not bring your wallet, cell phone, keys, tobacco products, extra clothing, etc. when you report to jail.
- All currency and change you have on your person when you report to jail will be deposited into your inmate account. While you are incarcerated, anyone may mail funds to you in the form of a money order which will then be deposited into your inmate account. PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. You may use funds in your account to purchase items from the jail canteen and/or make phone calls.
MEDICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH CONDITION
If you suffer from any chronic or acute physical or psychological ailment or you are taking any medication, whether prescribed or over the counter, YOU MUST make arrangements to see the jail nurse five (5) business days prior to your report in date. This is critical in providing you with the care you need while incarcerated.
VISITATION AND INMATE CONTACT
Contacting an Inmate
To send written correspondence via USPS (United States Postal Service) to an inmate at the Page County Jail, please address it as follows:
Page County Jail
C/O Inmate’s Name
108 South Court Street
Luray, VA 22835
Inmates have access to telephones and are allowed to make phone calls from 6am to 11pm every day. All calls are made via Pay-Tel Communications. Please contact Pay-Tel Communications (1-800-729-8355) if you are having problems receiving phone calls from an inmate.
Money may be sent to an inmate in the form of a money order. The funds will be deposited into the inmate’s account. PERSONAL CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Inmates may use funds in their account to purchase items from the jail canteen and/or make phone calls.
Visitation guidelines and procedures:
- Visitation is conducted from 6am to 11pm seven (7) days a week via video. Please log into homewav.com for more information. Anyone wishing to visit an inmate has to create an account on homewav.com.
- Special visits, also known as contact visits, will be approved by the Jail Administrator only one week in advance via request form sent from the inmate. If approved, the contact visit will be held on Sunday. It will be a thirty (30) minute visit and no more than three (3) people will be allowed to visit per inmate. All visitors must present government issued photo identification and are required to sign in (name, address, phone number, and inmate’s name – no exceptions). Visitors must be dressed appropriately – no revealing shirts, blouses, pants, shorts, or dresses. Minors have to be accompanied by an adult – no exceptions. Parents/guardians of small children are responsible for ensuring they act in a respectable manner. Parents/guardians may have their visit terminated if they are unable to control the children they bring. Anyone who does not arrive on time for his/her scheduled visit will lose his/her opportunity to visit.
- Inmates on disciplinary detention are not allowed to have contact visits.
- If an item has been approved for an inmate, the item has to be left with the jail staff in the booking area.
- No items are allowed to be given to an inmate.
- Any visitor caught interacting or communicating with an inmate before or after the visit in any manner may be criminally charged and permanently denied visitation privileges.
- § 18.2-473.1. Communication with prisoners or committed person; penalty.
- It shall be unlawful for any person outside of any state or local correctional facility or any juvenile correctional center, other than the jailers or custodial officers in charge of the prisoners or in charge of the persons committed to the Department of Juvenile Justice, to communicate without authority by word or sign with the intent to disrupt institutional operations with any prisoner confined within a state or local correctional facility or with any person committed to the Department of Juvenile Justice in any juvenile correctional center. Any person violating this section is guilty of a Class 4 misdemeanor.